st: AW: Correct way to save datasets

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: Correct way to save datasets
Date   Fri, 18 Jun 2010 16:45:30 +0200

Stata checks right before it let`s you -exit- whether you have -save-d. So
it is hard to imagine something like this happens. Are you sure you are not
confusing your datasets?

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von Jason Hecht
Gesendet: Freitag, 18. Juni 2010 16:41
Betreff: st: Correct way to save datasets

For some reason, variables that I had generated yesterday were not in
the dataset when I opened it this morning.  I was surprised because I
got a message that the file was saved each time I saved the file.  Do
"recoded" variables have to be renamed in order for them to be saved?
Or is this an issue with using the save icon or some other feature?