st: AW: Correct way to save datasets

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: AW: Correct way to save datasets
Date   Fri, 18 Jun 2010 16:45:30 +0200

<>

Stata checks right before it let`s you -exit- whether you have -save-d. So
it is hard to imagine something like this happens. Are you sure you are not
confusing your datasets?

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
[mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] Im Auftrag von Jason Hecht
Gesendet: Freitag, 18. Juni 2010 16:41
An: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Betreff: st: Correct way to save datasets

For some reason, variables that I had generated yesterday were not in
the dataset when I opened it this morning.  I was surprised because I
got a message that the file was saved each time I saved the file.  Do
"recoded" variables have to be renamed in order for them to be saved?
Or is this an issue with using the save icon or some other feature?
Thanks!