st: Correct way to save datasets

From   Jason Hecht <jhecht58@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Correct way to save datasets
Date   Fri, 18 Jun 2010 10:40:58 -0400

For some reason, variables that I had generated yesterday were not in
the dataset when I opened it this morning.  I was surprised because I
got a message that the file was saved each time I saved the file.  Do
"recoded" variables have to be renamed in order for them to be saved?
Or is this an issue with using the save icon or some other feature?
Thanks!