st: Cannot open .dta file due to size

From   miyu Lee <>
Subject   st: Cannot open .dta file due to size
Date   Mon, 14 Jun 2010 17:54:47 +0200

I have a huge dataset (200 GB) which I cannot open on STATA. Is there
any way I can make STATA to open the set only for selected variables
or choose the first, say, 100 observations only?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations, Miyu