st: GLM family and link (default)

From   mmolina@uniroma3.it
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: GLM family and link (default)
Date   Mon, 14 Jun 2010 12:36:46 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Statlist,

Looking at the glm help I found that the distribution of the dependent
variable -by default- is family(gaussian).

I am working with glm command, I did not specify any specific type of
family or link function, and I have a binary dependent variable. Actually
this seems to work better than the probit command.

As I don't have continuous Gaussian responses but binary ones, which
should be the distribution family and link function underlying this
command?

Thanks in advance.