st: AW: GLM family and link (default)

Subject   st: AW: GLM family and link (default)
Date   Mon, 14 Jun 2010 13:01:47 +0200

<>

" Actually
this seems to work better than the probit command."

"Work better" is not an expression that conveys much to me. In which respect
did it work better?

Note you can replicate the linear probability model, -probit- and -logit-
via -glm-:

*************
sysuse auto, clear
reg foreign length weight
glm foreign length weight, family(gaussian) link(identity)  nolog

prob foreign length weight, nolog
glm foreign length weight, family(binomial 1) link(probit) nolog

logit foreign length weight, nolog
glm foreign length weight, family(binomial 1) link(logit) nolog

HTH
Martin