st: Import external correlation matrix

From   Dirk Enzmann <>
Subject   st: Import external correlation matrix
Date   Sun, 13 Jun 2010 20:55:12 +0200

Although I searched the Stata manual and Statalist, I could not find out how to import an external correlation matrix (full or lower triangle, tab or space deliminted) into Stata. Ultimately, I want to use -factormat- using this matrix.

Inputing the data "by hand" using -matrix input- might be a solution if I edit and manipulate the datafile of the correlation matrix - however, this is a cumbersome and errorprone enterprise. Any better suggestions?

Dirk Enzmann
Institute of Criminal Sciences
Dept. of Criminology
Rothenbaumchaussee 33