st: AW: Import external correlation matrix

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: Import external correlation matrix
Date   Sun, 13 Jun 2010 20:58:39 +0200

Just -insheet- the thing and subsequently -mkmat-.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von Dirk Enzmann
Gesendet: Sonntag, 13. Juni 2010 20:55
Betreff: st: Import external correlation matrix

Although I searched the Stata manual and Statalist, I could not find out
how to import an external correlation matrix (full or lower triangle,
tab or space deliminted) into Stata. Ultimately, I want to use
-factormat- using this matrix.

Inputing the data "by hand" using -matrix input- might be a solution if
I edit and manipulate the datafile of the correlation matrix - however,
this is a cumbersome and errorprone enterprise. Any better suggestions?

Dirk Enzmann
Institute of Criminal Sciences
Dept. of Criminology
Rothenbaumchaussee 33