st: Updating programs to use Stata 11 factor variables

Subject   st: Updating programs to use Stata 11 factor variables
Date   Fri, 11 Jun 2010 12:52:46 -0500

Can anybody point me to some nice simple programs that use Stata 11 factor variables? Something like the minimalist programs that appear in Stata's Maximum Likelihood Programming book (which, incidentally, I wouldn't mind seeing updated)? I know there is a FAQ at

http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/lang/fv.html

but even it is making me think harder than I want to.  :)

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam