st: R: compare median survival times? (flag: Stata 9.2/SE)

From   "Carlo Lazzaro" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: R: compare median survival times? (flag: Stata 9.2/SE)
Date   Fri, 11 Jun 2010 09:44:33 +0200

Marty may want to customize what follows:
--------- code begins-----------
sysuse cancer.dta, clear
stset studytime, failure(died==1)
sts test drug if r(p50), logrank
-------- code ends---------------

HTH and Kind Regards,
-----Messaggio originale-----
[] Per conto di Martin X
Inviato: giovedì 10 giugno 2010 18.49
Oggetto: st: compare median survival times?

Hello everyone,

Can anyone tell me how to statistically compare adjusted median survival
times between groups? I used the sts list command [e.g. sts list, by(group)
adjustfor(age)] which produced the adjusted survivor function at each unique
time point for each group. I'm able to estimate the time at which 50% of the
sample survived, by group. Is there a way to statistically test whether
these median survival times differ between groups?

Thank you in advance for any ideas,