st: compare median survival times?

From   Martin X <>
Subject   st: compare median survival times?
Date   Thu, 10 Jun 2010 09:48:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everyone,

Can anyone tell me how to statistically compare adjusted median survival times between groups? I used the sts list command [e.g. sts list, by(group) adjustfor(age)] which produced the adjusted survivor function at each unique time point for each group. I'm able to estimate the time at which 50% of the sample survived, by group. Is there a way to statistically test whether these median survival times differ between groups?

Thank you in advance for any ideas,