Re: st: cluster analysis with foreach

Subject   Re: st: cluster analysis with foreach
Date   Wed, 9 Jun 2010 12:16:11 -0500

I don't think there is an elegant way to do that (and, as Nick said,
this may or may not be meaningful enough). Each cluster analysis will
create its own variable. If you are going to have say less than 100
clusters in each of the analyses, and your states are numeric rather
than string ids, you can modify mine or Nick's syntax to:

levelsof state, local(allstates)
gen int allclus = 0
foreach s of local allstates {
       cluster kmeans if state == `s', gen( state`s' )
       replace allclus = `s'*100 + state`s' if state == `s'
}