RE: st: cluster analysis with foreach

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: cluster analysis with foreach
Date   Wed, 9 Jun 2010 18:02:26 +0100

If you want to do it that way, fine but

levelsof state, local(allstates)
foreach s of local allstates {

is one statement fewer.

Stas Kolenikov

You seem to be thinking in R terms here :)). In Stata, this would be
something like

levelsof state
local allstates `r(levels)'
foreach s in `allstates' {
 cluster kmeans <list of power variables> if state == "`s'", k(#)

Of course you would also need to think how you will utilize the results.