Re: st: graph aspect ratio

From   Maarten buis <>
To   stata list <>
Subject   Re: st: graph aspect ratio
Date   Sun, 6 Jun 2010 12:35:38 +0000 (GMT)

---  Ricardo Ovaldia wrote
> I am using the aspect ratio on a horizontal bar graph to make it wider
> than taller. However, this leaves a large empty area at the bottom of
> the plot region. Is there a way to get rid of the empty area?

I see what you mean. Probably the easiest way around
that is to specify -ysize()- instead of -aspect()-:

*----------------- begin example ------------------
sysuse auto, clear
graph hbar price, over(foreign)         ///
                  aspectratio(.3)       ///
                  name(aspect, replace)
graph hbar price, over(foreign)         ///
                  ysize(3)              ///
                  name(ysize, replace)
(For more on examples I sent to the Statalist see: )

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen
Wilhelmstrasse 36