AW: st: Using mixlogit as a substitute of xtlogit.

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   AW: st: Using mixlogit as a substitute of xtlogit.
Date   Fri, 4 Jun 2010 13:32:06 +0200

<>

There you go, I did watch all the debates online, and still could not wrap
my mind around this punchline.

Can we also make fun of the microphone left open somehow?

HTH
Famous Statalister

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
[mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] Im Auftrag von Nick Cox
Gesendet: Freitag, 4. Juni 2010 13:25
An: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Betreff: RE: st: Using mixlogit as a substitute of xtlogit.

Someone whose name you would recognise emailed me privately

% famous Statalister

What does this sentence mean? I did follow your election closely, and
still do not understand. Is the punchline somehow obvious?

% end

The recent British election featured television debates -- for the first
time! -- between the leaders of three main parties. Nick Clegg, leader
of the Liberal Democrats and now Deputy Prime Minister, by most accounts
acquitted himself well, particularly in the first debate. Both of the
other leaders were heard to say "I agree with Nick".

I put this in because I suspect that the famous Statalister will not be
alone in wanting to know what it means, but I don't intend to start a
thread on recent British politics.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Arne Risa Hole

[...]

I agree with Nick - a familiar line by now to those who followed the
recent UK election - that it's always a good idea to point out when a
command is user-written.