RE: st: AW: Plotting marginal effects

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
Subject   RE: st: AW: Plotting marginal effects
Date   Thu, 3 Jun 2010 19:08:54 +0200

Run one of those -mfx- and see whether the matrix A is there. What does -di A[1,1]- give you?

-original message-
Subject: Re: st: AW: Plotting marginal effects
From: Lorenzo Ciari <>
Date: 03-06-2010 18:51

Thank you for your help,
I am not good in programming. I am able to run the programme you sent,
but mine doesn't work. It doesn't fill in the dydx column (although the
programme does retrieve marginal effects). Here is what I did:

probit  entrynet size scope1 scopeofentry distance avimp avimpgrowth
avvagrowth comp_nobank

tempname hdle

capt erase "C:\Users\Lorenzo\Documents\infoc.dta"

postfile `hdle' sizebis dydx using "C:\Users\Lorenzo\Documents\infoc.dta"

forv i=1/10{
         mfx compute, varlist(comp_nobank) at(size=`i')
         mat A=e(Xmfx_dydx)
         post `hdle' (`i') (A[1,1])

postclose `hdle'

u "C:\Users\Lorenzo\Documents\infoc.dta", clear
l, noo

tw (connect dydx sizebis)

Can you detect anything wrong?