Re: st: AW: Plotting marginal effects

From   Lorenzo Ciari <>
Subject   Re: st: AW: Plotting marginal effects
Date   Thu, 03 Jun 2010 18:51:21 +0200

Thank you for your help,
I am not good in programming. I am able to run the programme you sent, but mine doesn't work. It doesn't fill in the dydx column (although the programme does retrieve marginal effects). Here is what I did:

probit entrynet size scope1 scopeofentry distance avimp avimpgrowth avvagrowth comp_nobank

tempname hdle

capt erase "C:\Users\Lorenzo\Documents\infoc.dta"

postfile `hdle' sizebis dydx using "C:\Users\Lorenzo\Documents\infoc.dta"

forv i=1/10{
        mfx compute, varlist(comp_nobank) at(size=`i')
        mat A=e(Xmfx_dydx)
        post `hdle' (`i') (A[1,1])

postclose `hdle'

u "C:\Users\Lorenzo\Documents\infoc.dta", clear
l, noo

tw (connect dydx sizebis)

Can you detect anything wrong?