st: Using nlcom for computing elasticity

Subject   st: Using nlcom for computing elasticity
Date   Thu, 3 Jun 2010 06:14:03 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Members,

I am doing estimation using the AIDS model. In order to estimate elasticity, I used nlcom command on an elasticity function I derived through differentiation as follows:

The exogenous variables are CPI, CIF and the lags of import and domestic products.

However, stata complained that reference was made to X rather
than _b[X] as follows:

contains  reference to X rather than _b[X]

When evaluated at their means I got a value but without standard errors and p-value as below:

P>|t|      Coef.                              [95% Conf. Interval]
                       Std. Err.      t
_nl_1 -.255856          .              .                   .

  Could anyone help me out please. I need to know what is going on and what I must do to get values for the standard errors,  t-stat and conf. interval.

Thank you,