Re: st: Stata 11: xstata via ssh with X forwarding - some aspects aresluggish

From   Dave Ewart <davee@ceu.ox.ac.uk>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Stata 11: xstata via ssh with X forwarding - some aspects aresluggish
Date   Fri, 21 May 2010 15:13:36 +0100

On Thursday, 20.05.2010 at 11:31 -0500, James Hassell, StataCorp LP
wrote:

> Dave Ewart <davee@ceu.ox.ac.uk> reported sluggish performance in the
> Stata 11 Data Editor when using it from their Linux server via X11
> forwarding.  First Dave should verify that the latest Stata updates
> have been installed.  Next he should open the Data Editor, access the
> "Preferences" from the "Edit" menu, and then check the box labeled
> "Disable visual gradients (improves performance)".  This option was
> added specifically to improve performance when using X11 forwarding.

That fixes the issue we've had, James; thanks!

Dave.

--
Dave Ewart
davee@ceu.ox.ac.uk