st: creating observations of non-occurrences

From   "Frederick Guy" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: creating observations of non-occurrences
Date   Wed, 19 May 2010 15:31:52 +0100

I have N observations, each of which records a transaction between an
agent of type A and an agent of type B.

I want to create a dataset of 11*N observations: the N that I already
have, plus 10*N for AB pairs that did not transact.

More specifically, for each transaction AiBj, i = 1....N, j= 1....T, I
want to draw a random sample of 10 AiBk non-occurrences, from the T-1
cases of k != j.

As usual I expect that this is laughingly simple, but these loops are
new to me.