st: mediation in constant coefficients panel regression

From   Sarita Koen <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: mediation in constant coefficients panel regression
Date   Wed, 19 May 2010 07:20:20 -0700 (PDT)

Dear statalist users,

Currently I am testing for mediation in a constant coefficients panel regression.

I will run three panel regressions with xtgls following Baron and Kenny
(1986):
(1). Regress the two mediators on the independent var
(2). Regress the outcome var on the independent var
(3). Regress the outcome var on both the independent var and two mediators

and compare the coefficients.

A previous thread discusses measuring the strength and significance of the mediation effect through an adjusted Sobel test with panel data.
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2010-05/msg00599.html

Are there any further recommendations or additional literature I can take into consideration? Thank you.

met vriendelijke groet/best regards,

Sarita Koendjbiharie
PhD Candidate

Rotterdam School of Management
Erasmus University
Department of Decision and Information Sciences Office