Fwd: st: Constrain the diagonal parameters in mclest command

From   M C <m.lauren.ch@googlemail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Fwd: st: Constrain the diagonal parameters in mclest command
Date   Tue, 18 May 2010 14:34:11 +0100

Dear all,

There was a typo in the help seeking message I sent just now. So this
is to repeat the question with the typo corrected.

Dear Statalisters,

I am using '-mclgen-' and '-mclest-' commands to fit Stereotype
Ordinal Regression model in my analysis of intergenerational class
mobility.

The command used for the model not controlling for parameters on the
main diagonal is as follows:

mclgen   childjob
gen        diag=(pajob==childjob)*pajob
xi:mclest    i.childjob i.diag if agelmt==1, sor(female) rc2(pajob) muby(female)

For one of the models, however, I need to constrain the immobility
parameters, namely parameters on the main diagonal, to be IDENTICAL
for all categories. May I ask how I can do this?

Thank you very much!

Lauren

I am using '-mclgen-' and '-mclest-' commands to fit Stereotype
Ordinal Regression model in my analysis of intergenerational class
mobility.

The command used for the model not controlling for parameters on the
main diagonal is as follows:

mclgen   childjob
gen        diag=(pajob==childjob)*pajob
xi:mclest    i.sonjob i.diag if agelmt==1, sor(female) rc2(pajob) muby(female)

For one of the models, however, I need to constrain the immobility
parameters, namely parameters on the main diagonal, to be IDENTICAL
for all categories. May I ask how I can do this?

Thank you very much!

Lauren
*
*   For searches and help try: