st: Constrain the diagonal parameters in mclest command

From   M C <>
Subject   st: Constrain the diagonal parameters in mclest command
Date   Tue, 18 May 2010 14:26:12 +0100

Dear Statalisters,

I am using '-mclgen-' and '-mclest-' commands to fit Stereotype
Ordinal Regression model in my analysis of intergenerational class

The command used for the model not controlling for parameters on the
main diagonal is as follows:

mclgen   childjob
gen        diag=(pajob==childjob)*pajob
xi:mclest    i.sonjob i.diag if agelmt==1, sor(female) rc2(pajob) muby(female)

For one of the models, however, I need to constrain the immobility
parameters, namely parameters on the main diagonal, to be IDENTICAL
for all categories. May I ask how I can do this?

Thank you very much!