st: Why won't infix read last line of file?

From   Art Burke <>
Subject   st: Why won't infix read last line of file?
Date   Thu, 13 May 2010 20:30:26 -0700

I am a new user of Stata.  Can someone explain why infix would not read the last line of a file in fixed-column format?  The file is 3159 lines and infix is reading 3158, even when I use "in 1/3159".

Art Burke
Education Northwest
101 SW Main St, Suite 500
Portland OR 97204-3213