Re: st: RE: margeff after the glm command

From   Clive Nicholas <clivelists@googlemail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: RE: margeff after the glm command
Date   Fri, 14 May 2010 04:24:04 +0100

Nick Cox replied to Martin Weiss:

> Is this a case of "Go Firth and multiply?"

Perhaps it's worth mentioning that David Firth is also a key member of
the team behind the construction, operation and analysis of the
NOP/MORI British general election exit poll produced for the BBC, ITV
and BSkyB.

Despite the fact that it was comprehensively rubbished by most pundits
on election night (most of whom know nothing about polling), it
produced a near-spot-on forecast of parliamentary seats for the second
election running. Professor Firth takes a lot of credit for that.

--
Clive Nicholas

<clivenicholas@hotmail.com>. Please respond to contributions I make in
a list thread here. Thanks!]

methodology. I prefer to call it style." -- Freeman J. Dyson.