st: AW: line plot

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: line plot
Date   Mon, 10 May 2010 14:52:18 +0200

The same recommendations given to Ginevra this morning apply:

Maybe there is a user-written ado out there that I am not aware of, but
-collapse- should work anyway.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von
Gesendet: Montag, 10. Mai 2010 14:47
Betreff: st: line plot

Dear Statalist,

I'm working with panel data and I'm trying to plot the yearly sum of
one variable for all countries over time. I was able to create a bar
diagram for that purpose by using the command: graph bar (sum)
variable, over(year). But actually I would prefer to present the
numbers in form of a line plot: But all the commands I could think of
(e.g. tsline, line, twoway connected, etc.) do not allow the
sum-option, as far as I understand them correctly. It would be great if
anybody of you would get up with an idea!?

Thanks in advance