st: twoway connect

From   Ginevra Biino <>
To   Statalist <>
Subject   st: twoway connect
Date   Mon, 10 May 2010 10:30:54 +0200

How can I graph data from a frequency table (rows: age classes; col: platelet counts under/over a certain cut-off) in order to have a line type plot (twoway connect). In excel I can make the table from the data set first, and then I can do the plot from the table. In STATA i do the table, but I cant succeed in doing the graph starting from the original data set (each row is an oservation, an individual).
This is the table whose data I would like to graph:
age        PLT<150        PLT>150
<18        0.7                 4.23
18-39     4.2                 0.3
40-59     7.69               0.62
>=60      11.42             0.28
May anyone help me?
Ginevra Biino, PhD
Institute of Population Genetics, National Council of Research (SS)
Institute of Molecular Genetics, CNR
Via Abbiategrasso, 207
27100 Pavia
Tel: +39 382 546362