st: line plot

Subject   st: line plot
Date   Mon, 10 May 2010 08:46:31 -0400

Dear Statalist,

I'm working with panel data and I'm trying to plot the yearly sum of one variable for all countries over time. I was able to create a bar diagram for that purpose by using the command: graph bar (sum) variable, over(year). But actually I would prefer to present the numbers in form of a line plot: But all the commands I could think of (e.g. tsline, line, twoway connected, etc.) do not allow the sum-option, as far as I understand them correctly. It would be great if anybody of you would get up with an idea!?

Thanks in advance