st: longitudinal data manipulation

From   Debs Majumdar <>
Subject   st: longitudinal data manipulation
Date   Tue, 4 May 2010 10:06:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Statalisters,

      I have two longitudinal data sets (5 time points) with me, each from a different study
 (study=0 and study=1, say) and around 50 participants in each study. Some of the
 participants (around 10) overlap on both. All the participants were tested on 7
 items in each of the two studies. Now, 6 of the items are exactly the same but
 the last item (item_l) is different although it measures the same characteristic.
 I want to draw a scatter plot after merging/appending the two data sets where
 item_l_study0 and item_l_study1 are on the x- and y-axis respectively to see how close
the two scores are for that item for the common participants in the two studies.

     What would be the best way to accomplish this?