AW: st: Text size in graphs

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   AW: st: Text size in graphs
Date   Mon, 3 May 2010 17:23:34 +0200

One thing that we broadly agree on on the list, at least from my
recollection, is that for -graph-s, dialog boxes are extremely helpful.
Refining a graph design for me comes down to making "changes in the dialog
box", clicking "submit", and then all over again, until I have arrived at a
satisfactory solution. In my view, the graph editor is there to a)
experiment, as in Tomas` case b) as a last resort for everything that you
simply cannot get to work from the command line.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von Amanda Fu
Gesendet: Montag, 3. Mai 2010 17:11
Betreff: Re: st: Text size in graphs

Hi all,

I also met similar problem of accommodating the legend size and
position in a graph as Tomas mentioned. I found it is time-consuming
and frustrating to make syntax to work out very well. Then I just used
the graph editor to edit after the graph was created.

So, I have a general question regrading this issue:

Generally speaking, Is it worthwhile to continue testing and get some
syntax that really works out and then keep this as a template for
future use? Is it realistic to use graph editor to do some small
enhancement by hand?

Thanks for your time!

Best wishes,