Re: st: ordinal logistic regression diagnostic

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: ordinal logistic regression diagnostic
Date   Mon, 26 Apr 2010 14:51:51 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Mon, 26/4/10, amatoallah ouchen wrote:
> I'm currently  running an ordinal logistic regression,
> all the predictors are categorical, In order for my
> analysis to be valid, my model has to satisfy the
> assumptions of ordinal logistic regression, the problem
> is that all what I could find out is material related to
> the diagnostic of the logistic regression and more
> rarely some hints related to ologit but that don't seem
> to work for my cas

There is a lot of material available from this websit by
Rich Williams: <>

You can also consider the -brant- command, which is part
of -spost9- (see: -findit spost-). Rich and I did ran
quite a bit of simulation to assess the performance of
that test, see the thread starting with:
I believe the end conclusion was that each category of
your dependent variable needs to contain "enough"
observations for the test to perform well.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen