st: Predict command

From   Rasika Raghavan <>
Subject   st: Predict command
Date   Wed, 21 Apr 2010 18:26:10 +0530

To put it bluntly, suppose I have a model with 5 independent
variables, which I feel by economic theory would affect my dependent
variable, and only four of them turn out to be significant. I want to
just predict based on the four significant variables. The STATA
predict command considers all the variables in the model.