AW: st: AW: How to Use Statalist

Subject   AW: st: AW: How to Use Statalist
Date   Wed, 21 Apr 2010 14:45:11 +0200

<>

" Gmail
threads messages well and can hide all but the newest parts of long
messages."

Subscribing to the RSS feed of http://groups.google.de/group/statalistrss is
also a very good tool to keep track of it all, and hide previous posts in a
thread.

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Steve Samuels
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 21. April 2010 14:38
An: [email protected]
Betreff: Re: st: AW: How to Use Statalist

My personal solution to similar problems was  to open a Gmail account
and  communicate with  Statalist via Gmail's web interface. Gmail
threads messages well and can hide all but the newest parts of long
messages. To  keep my Inbox clear, I delete most messages and archive
the rest, knowing that an active thread will re-appear in the InBox if
somebody replies. I forward the most useful messages to my personal
on-computer address Google already "knows" I'm interested in Stata,
so I don't think I suffer much additional loss of privacy!

Steve

http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/statalist.html#more
> I would say
>
> (2) is best achieved by deleting stuff you recognize as irrelevant to you
> from the subject line. Some email clients manage to sort "by conversation"
> topic, although my Outlook 2007 still fails miserably at this all the
> time...
>

> HTH
> Martin

OS
> 10.6) - thank you very much.
>
> Cheers,
> Ulrich
>

> Department of Small Business Research & Entrepreneurship
> Institute for Small Business Research
> University of Mannheim
> L9, 1-2
> 68161 Mannheim