st: Is it possible to add reference numbers to an individual study in metan?

From   Philip Jones <pjones8@uwo.ca>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Is it possible to add reference numbers to an individual study in metan?
Date   Sun, 18 Apr 2010 15:26:57 -0400

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to add a superscripted number to indicate a reference (in my Bibliography) alongside a study name when using the metan command to create a Forest plot. In other words, when the completed Forest plot was made, having it so that each row that represents an individual study used in the meta-analysis also has a superscripted number after it to refer the reader to the correct bibliography entry.

I could just use parentheses after the study name, but I thought I'd ask to see if someone else had wanted this and made it work somehow. I read the help file for metan thoroughly, but I could find no obvious way of doing this.

Many thanks!

Phil