st: question on line graphs

From   "Thaker, Anant" <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: question on line graphs
Date   Sun, 18 Apr 2010 23:06:33 -0400

I am a Stata 11/SE user. In my dataset, I have a cohort variable coded 1-4 with the various subgroups (e.g. 1 = <1934, 2 = 1934-1948, etc.), and an ordered variable that shows views on progressive taxation (coded 1-5 in terms of relative support). These data points are spread over a number of years (from the General Social Survey). I'm trying to chart out the % of respondents who selected 1 or 2 on the taxation variable, by cohort subgroup, over time. So the x-axis would be year, the y-axis would be "% who chose 1 or 2," and there would be four line graph series (one for each cohort subgroup). Would really appreciate some help! I can clarify as needed. Thanks!

Note: data is currently coded as this example:
2008  1965       1
1996  1975       3