AW: st: Store datafile at minimum possible file size

Subject   AW: st: Store datafile at minimum possible file size
Date   Fri, 16 Apr 2010 13:27:36 +0200

<>

zipfile data_boehm.dta, saving(myfiles)

lowers the file size of the resulting archive to 80.7m. So with Stata 11,
Michael does not need any external apps to achieve his goal.

Note also that a .dta file carries more information than what is dumped into
an ascii file...

HTH
Martin