Re: st: Likelihood ratio problem

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Likelihood ratio problem
Date   Wed, 14 Apr 2010 08:06:18 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Wed, 14/4/10, cajones wrote:
> I am running the same random effects logit regression model
> on two populations. To test if the populations are
> significantly different, I need to complete a likelihood
> ratio test. Unfortunately, the suest command gives me the
> following error:
> unable to generate scores for model a
> suest requires that predict allow the score option
> r(322);

You'd better estimate a single model for both populations
together and study the differences using interaction terms.
You would need to be a bit careful with specifying the
random effects, but that is just a matter of smartly
coding the variables, as is discussed on pages 9 --18 of
this presentation by Bobby Gutierrez at the 2007 Nordic
Stata Users' meeting:

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie