st: RE: reldist -- relative distributions

From   "Sherriff, Martyn" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: reldist -- relative distributions
Date   Mon, 12 Apr 2010 09:35:37 +0100

If you are prepared to use R in conjunction with Roger Newson's rsource then you can try:

'reldist: Relative Distribution Methods
R functions for the comparison of distributions. This includes nonparametric estimation of the relative distribution PDF and CDF and numerical summaries as described in "Relative Distribution Methods in the Social Sciences" by Mark S. Handcock and Martina Morris, Springer-Verlag, 1999, Springer-Verlag, ISBN 0387987789'

http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/reldist/index.html

Martyn

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Michael C. Morrison
Sent: 12 April 2010 4:20 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: reldist -- relative distributions

I'm looking for -reldist- a command to compute relative distributions as described by Ben Jann in "Relative Distribution Methods in Stata" at

http://www.stata.com/meeting/germany08/jann_reldist_berlin08.pdf

It doesn't appear in any of my searches.

Has it been removed? Any help would be appreciated.

Mike