RE: st: appropriate analysis of tricky panel data

From   "Lachenbruch, Peter" <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: appropriate analysis of tricky panel data
Date   Sat, 10 Apr 2010 15:48:50 -0700

Thanks.  I had thought of that but hadn't fleshed it out.

From: [email protected] [[email protected]] On Behalf Of Austin Nichols [[email protected]]
Sent: Saturday, April 10, 2010 11:52 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: appropriate analysis of tricky panel data

Tony--
Code time as "month relative to change" and use every observation in
every cohort/panel.  Obs at x+24 and y+6 contribute to estimates at
time = -24 and so on.  This is known as "synthetic panel data" but
since you have actual and synthetic panel data, you can compare
estimates from cohort 3 alone to those from the full dataset.