st: RE: want to output a table as a dataset from STATA

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: want to output a table as a dataset from STATA
Date   Thu, 1 Apr 2010 20:24:47 +0200

You may want to employ a -postfile- in your loop, as in Philippe`s or Michael`s

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Woolton Lee
Sent: Donnerstag, 1. April 2010 20:17
To: statalist
Subject: st: want to output a table as a dataset from STATA

I need to create a large table of cross tabulations for a set of 31
variables (lets say the rows of the table) and a set of 6 variables
(lets say the columns of the table).  All of these variables are
binary indicators.  Each cell of the table is to contain a count of
the number of observations in the dataset where a given pair of the
variables both = 1.  I've written a simple loop that counts for each
pair of these variables the number of observations where both are ==
1.  What I would like to do is for STATA to output a dataset of
dimension 31 by 6 so I can easily cut and paste this into a word
document.  I am not sure how one would do this (maybe its actually
very simple)...does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you for your help,