st: Labeling Graphs

From   "Jeff" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Labeling Graphs
Date   Thu, 1 Apr 2010 11:41:51 -0700

Ladies, Gentleman, Phds., and everyone on the list way smarter than me,

In Stata 10:

I went to the reference material but could not figure out the following:

Rather than go into the graph editor to label a graph, what would be the
syntax to save that step.

For instance:
I ran a quantile regression.  The following graph syntax does not label
the fitted lines by each quantile .25, .5, .75.

graph twoway scatter discount marketvalue || line pred25 marketvalue ||
line pred5 marketvalue || line pred75 marketvalue

The syntax above merely labels each quartile as "Fitted Value" w/o
identifying the quartile. I would prefer to label each quartile fitted
line specifically as "0.25 Quartile Fitted Value", "0.50 Quartile Fitted
Value", & "0.75 Quartile Fitted Value"

Thank you in advance.

Jeffrey B. Wolpin