st: Large output

From   Claude Francoeur <claude.francoeur@hec.ca>
Subject   st: Large output
Date   Mon, 29 Mar 2010 09:54:07 -0400

Hello,

My correlation matrix is quite large (15 variables). Instead of showing 15 lines, Stata creates extra lines to continue the matrix, which makes it awkward to transfer to Excel or Word. This is due to the width of the columns (long variable names and 4 decimal coefficients).

What would be the best way to handle this? Can I have Stata rename the columns with numbers and provide a legend? Can I force the correlation coefficients to be shrunk to 2 decimals?

Thanks again for your help.

Claude