st: AW: Large output

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: Large output
Date   Mon, 29 Mar 2010 17:00:20 +0200

sysuse auto, clear
qui ds, has(type numeric)
corr `r(varlist)'
matrix corr=r(C)
esttab mat(corr) using myfile.csv, replace scsv
!start myfile.csv

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von Claude
Gesendet: Montag, 29. März 2010 15:54
Betreff: st: Large output

My correlation matrix is quite large (15 variables). Instead of showing
15 lines, Stata creates extra lines to continue the matrix, which makes
it awkward to transfer to Excel or Word. This is due to the width of the
columns (long variable names and 4 decimal coefficients).

What would be the best way to handle this? Can I have Stata rename the
columns with numbers and provide a legend? Can I force the correlation
coefficients to be shrunk to 2 decimals?

Thanks again for your help.