st: RE: Hurdle models - predicted probabilities

From   Rodolphe Desbordes <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   st: RE: Hurdle models - predicted probabilities
Date   Tue, 23 Mar 2010 10:07:56 +0000

Dear Adad,

I do not think that there is a command to easily compute the predicted probabilities following a hurdle model. You will have to calculate them "by hand". If you have a look at the zip.ado file, you will see how it is done for a ZIP model, when the Vuong statistic is requested.

Best regards,

-----Original Message-----
From: [] On Behalf Of Asaduzzaman Khan
Sent: mardi 23 mars 2010 06:26
Subject: st: Hurdle models - predicted probabilities

Hello list members

Do you know whether we can find predicted probabilities of Hurdle Poisson and Hurdle negative binomial models by using Stata. There is a suggestion in Long's book but I was wondering whether there is any other way to work-out them. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Asad Khan
University of Queensland