Re: st: RE: constraint in regression and forval

From   Bruno Schoumaker <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: constraint in regression and forval
Date   Tue, 23 Mar 2010 08:38:13 +0100

Thank you so much ! It works :-)

Le 22/03/2010 19:03, Nick Cox a écrit :

constraint 1 dumy97 = `= xalea[`i']'

I want to run a series of 100 constrained regressions with different
constraints randomly selected from a normal distribution

I tried use the following program, but it looks like the constriant is
ignored. When I define the constraint to be equal to a number (eg.
constraint 1 dumy97=0.03), it works... but I want the constraint to
change automatically.

Has anyone an idea on how I could do this (use randomly selected
constraints for a large number of models) ?

Thank you in advance

generate xalea = rnormal()*0.0645+0.028

forvalues i = 1(1) 100 {
constraint 1 dumy97 = xalea[`i']
xi: poisson _d i.ageg rcsp1-rcsp4 v1-v4 dumy97, exposure(exposy)

*   For searches and help try:

Bruno Schoumaker
Institut de démographie
Universite catholique de Louvain