st: constraint in regression and forval

From   SCHOUMAKER Bruno <>
Subject   st: constraint in regression and forval
Date   Mon, 22 Mar 2010 18:42:49 +0100

I want to run a series of 100 constrained regressions with different constraints randomly selected from a normal distribution

I tried use the following program, but it looks like the constriant is ignored. When I define the constraint to be equal to a number (eg. constraint 1 dumy97=0.03), it works... but I want the constraint to change automatically.

Has anyone an idea on how I could do this (use randomly selected constraints for a large number of models) ?

Thank you in advance

generate xalea = rnormal()*0.0645+0.028

forvalues i = 1(1) 100 {
constraint 1 dumy97 = xalea[`i']
xi: poisson _d i.ageg rcsp1-rcsp4 v1-v4 dumy97, exposure(exposy) const(1)

Centre de recherche en démographie et sociétés
Université catholique de Louvain
1-17 PLace Montesquieu
1348 Louvain-la-Neuve

Tel. +32 10 474136