st: Metan help

From   Sripal Kumar <>
To   statalist <>
Subject   st: Metan help
Date   Sun, 21 Mar 2010 19:02:42 -0400

I use Stata 10 for Mac.  Previously when I used to use it with
windows, it used to work well.  I have the following problem on my
mac.  I installed the meta analysis commands from

. net from

I have a user written command saved as for meta-analysis.

When I use the user written command menu:  User-->meta analysis-->
metan, I get the "Dialog for metan not found:  Either metan is a
programming command or a user-written command for which no dialog box
has been written"  The same thing happens when I type in "db metan".
However, I still can run the command if I use "metan variable1
variable 2 OR etc".

Is this something to do with MAC?

I get an error for metabias as well though I am not using the dialog
box command.

Pls help.