st: triprobit convergence problem

From   "Roy, Manan" <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: triprobit convergence problem
Date   Sun, 21 Mar 2010 17:27:20 -0500

I am trying to estimate triprobit models with different time categories (as dummies) and 2 binary program participation variables.

 I have 2 almost identical data sets, one with N=1600 and the other with N=1000.
There are 2 time categories for which the models are not converging. Let's call them TIME1 and TIME2.=20
TIME1 converges in N=1600 data while it doesn't in N=1000 data. The exactly opposite case holds for TIME2.

I have tried using the technique option. However, I get the error that this option's not allowed with triprobit.

I have also tried the difficult option, and specified different number of draws.

Any suggestions on how I can make it work will be greatly appreciated.