Re: st: svyset, fpc command and stratified cluster sampling

Subject   Re: st: svyset, fpc command and stratified cluster sampling
Date   Fri, 12 Mar 2010 13:36:35 -0500

Before we can answer, please supply more detail

1. What analyses are you planning to do?
2. How was the probability weight computed? (Check the study
documentation)  Who supplied it?

Steve

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 1:56 AM, Pierre DeBeaudrap
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Dear stata list,
>

> I plan to analyse data from a community survey with cluster sampling and I
> am not completely sure of the way to setup setsvy.
>
> The study design is a stratified two stage cluster sampling. The strata wer=
> =93urban=94 and =93rural=94, then villages (psu) were sampled with a probab=
> ility
> proportional to the number of households. In the second stage, 30 household=
> were randomly selected per village.
>
> We don=92t know the population size of the villages but we know the populat=
> ion
> size of each stratum and this figures are more reliable than the number of
> housholds.
>
> Svyset village [pw=3Dproba], strata(urban) fpc( )
>
> For fpc do I have to enter the number of clusters per strata or the
> population size for each strata.
>
> Is there any further information I can provide for the level 2?
>

> Thanks in advance for any help,
>

> Peter
>
> *
> *   For searches and help try: