st: RE: xtivreg2

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: xtivreg2
Date   Tue, 9 Mar 2010 22:37:45 +0100

The latest version is accessible via - ssc type xtivreg2.ado-. Line 74-75

		if "`bw'"=="auto" {
di as err "error - automatic bandwidth selection not supported by

This could be the source of your problems...

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Xiang Ao
Sent: Dienstag, 9. März 2010 22:29
Subject: st: xtivreg2

Dear statalisters,

It seems xtivreg2 does not support bw(auto) for automatic bandwidth.  I
am using Stata 11 MP under Linux.   I used it on a Windows machine, with
Stata 11, SE.  It works with bw(auto).  It's possible the Windows
machines has an older version of xtivreg2 on it.  Is there a reason for
xtivreg2 to stop supporting that?

The error says: "error - automatic bandwidth selection not supported by
invalid syntax".