st: about macro's double quotes

From   "G. Dai" <>
Subject   st: about macro's double quotes
Date   Tue, 9 Mar 2010 11:19:33 -0800

dear all,
I'm a first time  user of macros. As you can see from below, I want to
generate a  new var r`i'pnhm when x=md.  After execute the do file, it
runs smoothly for x=md. After that, however, I was always reminded by STATA
               r5pnhm5y already defined
so what's wrong with the following program. BTW,I'm little bit confused by
the macro
quotes, can anyone say tips?

global set "md mom dad";
foreach x in $set {;
forvalues i=5/8{;
gen r`i'pnhm=. if "`x'"=="md";
replace r`i'pnhm=int(10*r`i'pnhm5y)/10 if "`x'"=="md";